From sport to transport
Note that this project was concluded with over 250% of objective delivered.
With 98.56 tons of Green House Gases saved versus an objective 39.35 tons.
Thank-you to all those who participated.
Keep up the good work!
Let’s get more people riding
From Sport to Transport is all about showing more people that utilitarian cycling is easy and enjoyable. With the help of our partners and you, the goal is to recruit participants to register on the website lovetoride.net/quebec - a social platform - which counts your kilometers traveled by bike. The data collected will be useful for cycling development.
- Log your rides
- Set goals
- Encourage others
- Keep up to date how your friends and colleagues are going
- Win prizes
If you love to ride, then let’s spread the love! Show your support for cycling and together we can get more people cycling. Utilitarian cycling is:
- Good for your health - physical and mental
Prizes to be won.
Eligibility period from August 1, 2017 at 0:01 am ET to August 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET.
By random draw among all participants who have registered at least one trip.
- One (1) Model Orpheo 2 Bike from Opus, ($ 650 value)
- One (1) Blackburn WAYSIDE HYBRID pump ($ 95 value)
PRIZE FOR ENCOURAGEMENT
By random draw among the 10 participants who encouraged the greatest number of people to participate
- Five (5) LOOP pannier bag (5 winners, 1 pannier bag per winner, valued at $ 140 each)
PRIZES FOR TRIPS
By random draw among the 10 participants who made the greatest number of trips
- Five (5) EVOLUTION LS Kryptonite Padlocks (5 winners, 1 padlock per winner, value of $ 132 each)
PRIZES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
By random draw among participating organizations in the Montreal area
- Fourteen (14) LOCAL RIDE KIT tool kits from Blackburn (14 winneres, 1 tool kit per winner, $ 70 value each) will be randomly drawn from all Montreal organizations with at least 2 participants. They can then assign them as they wish to their participants.
Rules and regulations available here (in French)
Our partners and particpants: